- Mac OS
- Web browser
SecureDocs is a cloud solution to streamline document-heavy transactions like fundraising, mergers and acquisitions, IPOs, strategic partnerships, and corporate document storage. SecureDocs produces adaptive, secure, and affordable software for businesses of any size and type.
SecureDocs was launched in California in 2012 and since has facilitated transactions worth billions of dollars.
Onit, a legal and lifecycle management company, acquired SecureDocs in 2022. Headquartered in California, SecureDocs data room provides its software to many countries, including Australia, Canada, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, United Arab Emirates, and the United Kingdom.
SecureDocs data room software features
A SecureDocs data room can be used immediately after you set it up. It offers an intuitive interface and an easy setup that takes less than 10 minutes.
Features to facilitate your workflow include:
- Customizable dashboards to analyze individual/group activity by user, role, or document upload; and for business valuations for buyer’s or investor’s interests.
- Audit-log reporting to keep administrators informed of all data room activity using date and time stamps and daily reporting.
- Advanced search feature to find any document within a large volume of files in your virtual data room quickly.
- Q&A to answer questions directly in your VDR or via email; FAQs published to your data room.
- Built-in electronic signature capabilities to sign, organize, and share sensitive corporate documents from your data room. There are e-signature templates for frequently signed documents like memorandums or NDAs, and an AnySign link-sharing option to create self-serve agreements.
Security-related features include:
- Permission-based user roles to verify access to sensitive business documents, including full access, no access, view only, or download.
- Single Sign-On (SSO) to manage passwords, eliminate the necessity to remember multiple logins, and restrict access for third parties.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Data Centers that allow you to store data securely by applying segmentation, firewalls, intrusion detection, electronic key cards, pin codes, biometric hand scans, and on-site security officers.
- No back-end access, even for the provider, unlike other cloud storage providers.
- One-click privacy blind to hide your active screen quickly.
- 256-bit encryption for all data connections is protected using TLS 1.2 with a TLS 256-bit symmetric encryption and 2048-bit authenticated key agreement. Passwords have bcrypt encryption.
- Other industry-leading security features include two-factor authentication, watermarking, options to manage user permissions, and audit trail reporting.
- SOC 2®, Type 2 compliance
SecureDocs data room integrates with OneLogin Directory integration and Fujitsu ScanSnap.
- OneLogin integration allows synchronizing users with any number of directories, such as Active Directory, LDAP, Workday, or Google Apps. It is also possible to securely access VDR functions via mobile due to OneLogin identity proof. Available web-based desktop on Android, iOS, and Windows Phone.
- Fujitsu ScanSnap facilitates hard copy signature document transfers to SecureDocs data rooms. A Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner connects to a SecureDocs account through a secure connection, making it easy for authorized users to transmit their sensitive information within a couple of clicks.
Benefits of a SecureDocs virtual data room
SecureDocs boasts of being an easy-to-setup data room with a clear interface. It provides sophisticated security features and an involved customer support team. SecureDocs data room boasts a quick-start setup and immediate access.
It is critical to protect users by securing documents when storing and sharing confidential files. A SecureDocs data room provides advanced security features like Amazon Web Services data centers, no back-end access, SAML 2.0/ single sign-on, customizable NDAs, automatic watermarking, granular user permissions, and double authentication.
Furthermore, SecureDocs offers unlimited document storage capacity and an unlimited number of users at flexible pricing plans. Its audit-trail reporting allows you to track all virtual data room activities.
The company guarantees 99.9% uptime reliability, promising to exclude missed opportunities or lost deals due to downtime.
A SecureDocs data room provides sufficient data storage capability and software for many industries and countries. Australia is one of its consumer markets. A SecureDocs data room covers all basic features and services in terms of file management and protection, certification, activity tracking, and reporting with 24/7 service and support and various deployment options available.
A SecureDocs data room offers affordable, flat-fee pricing without hidden fees. A free 14-day trial of a full-featured data room is available.
There are three basic pricing plans: 3-Month, 12-Month, and Volume Packages.
- The 3-Month Plan is good for short-term divestments, M&A, or bankruptcy projects. It facilitates executing, sharing, tracking, and storing an unlimited number of documents and is billed quarterly.
- The 12-Month Plan suits long-term projects or as a corporate repository for deal-making. This subscription is billed annually. An additional feature that this plan offers is SAML 2.0 / Single Sign-On.
- SecureDocs’s Volume Packages are good for managing very large, multiple deals simultaneously; subscribers should contact a sales representative for customized pricing details. SSO is also included.
All these packages include an unlimited number of users and unlimited document storage capacity, unlimited customer support and training, customizable dashboards, document branding, watermarking, document attachments, advanced search, new document notifications, electronic signature, bulk user invite, audit log report, AWS data center, customizable NDA, and Fujitsu ScanSnap Integration.
SecureDocs deployment and support
SecureDocs is a cloud SaaS software solution, web-deployed on iOS and Android desktops, offering no mobile versions.
SecureDocs support comes from a leading support team 24/7 via guides, FAQs, chat, emails, and phone. They also guarantee 99.9% data room uptime. The only language supported is English.
Our SecureDocs data room review confirms that choosing a SecureDocs data room is a reasonable solution for a huge volume of deals. It provides deal-ready secure storage and sharing without significant issues and charges better prices than its competition. However, many users don’t think that it’s the best VDR solution because it lacks some sophisticated features.
Learn More About
|Distressed Real Estate||yes|
|IPO & Exits||yes|
|M&A Buy Side||no|
|M&A Sell Side||no|
|File Formats Supported:||Any file types can be uploaded. PDF and MS Office files can be viewed, any other file types must be downloaded to view|
|Automatic Numerical Indexing of Files & Folders||yes|
|Drag & Drop Upload of Multiple Files and Folders||yes|
|Archives Upload & Extraction||no|
|Export of Data Room Index to Excel||no|
|Document Version Control||no|
|Multilingual Documents Index||no|
|Granular Document Permissions||yes|
|Prevention of Download, Print and Copy||yes|
|Remote Shredding of Documents||yes|
|Customizable Document Watermarks||yes|
|Secure Fence View||yes|
|Document Access Expiry||no|
|256-Bit SSL/TLS Encryption||no|
|Data at Rest Encryption||no|
|99.9% Uptime Guarantee||yes|
|ISO 27001 Certified||yes|
|SOC 2 Certified||yes|
|SSAE 16 Certified||no|
|Mobile Device Management||yes|
|Granular User Permissions||yes|
|Access Limitation by IP Address||no|
|User Interface Languages:||English|
|Scroll-Through Web-Based Document Viewer||yes|
|Web-Based Excel Spreadsheets Viewer||no|
|Mobile Device Interface||no|
|Search by Name||yes|
|Search by Content (Full Text Search)||yes|
|OCR (Optical Character Recognition)||no|
|Filtering by Parameters||no|
|Basic Questions & Answers Module||no|
|Advanced Questions & Answers Module||no|
|Secure User Messaging||no|
|New Document Email Notifications||no|
|Files & Folders Notes||no|
|Tracking of All User Activity||yes|
|Real-Time Audit Trail||yes|
|Exporting Reports to Excel||yes|
|Tracking of Document Viewing Time||no|
|Scheduled Reports (Sending to Email)||no|
|Branded User Interface||yes|
|Custom Login Page||no|
|Custom User Invitation Letter||no|
|Custom Agreements for Accessing Data Room||no|
|Active Directory Integration||no|
|Single Sign-On Integration||no|
|Customer-Managed Encryption Keys||no|
|Integrations Through APIs||no|
|Custom Workflows and Features||no|
|Business Hours Support||yes|
|24/7 Email Support||yes|
|24/7 Phone & Email Support||yes|
|Online Help Center||yes|
|Dedicated Project Manager||no|
|Data Room Archive on DVD or USB Drive||no|
|Multiple Datacenter Locations||no|
|Free Trial:||14-day trial|
|Clients:||LogicMonitor, AppScale Systems, AcuFocus, Inc., PlantForm, Sovance, LLC, Strategic Finance, Tracon Pharmaceuticals, Ansible Works, Clean Diesel Techlogies, Lastline, Inc, Igen, The Corum Group, Stradling Yocca Carlson & Rauth|