- Web browser (OS agnostic)
A CapLinked virtual data room is a secure document-sharing solution offering sufficient functionality for transactions in due diligence, corporate mergers and acquisitions, and managing complex deals.
The company was founded in 2010 by a PayPal marketing leader and a banking executive. It is based in Los Angeles, headquartered in California, with confiex data offices in Dubai and India with a communications agency in South Africa.
A CapLinked data room is a suitable solution for businesses in real estate, capital raising, asset sales, financial services, legal compliance, and board and investor reporting.
CapLinked virtual data room features
Caplinked data room software has intelligent and easy-to-use tools to facilitate data sharing:
- Dashboard, a central hub for all CapLinked activity, enables Workspaces access, recent activity view, notifications feed monitoring, and allows managing messages and contacts. The software is easily accessible, including on your favorite mobile device.
- Safelink, a powerful desktop uploader with Microsoft Office editing tools.
- Version control that allows you to track document changes.
- Integrated instant messaging, which is a great communication-enhancing tool.
- Q&A Assignments or Subject Matter Expert is a tool that assigns administrators to answer questions from a specific permission group.
- FAQ notifications for sharing valuable information
- A comprehensive activity feed provides alerts for changes in real-time
Features to guarantee security are:
- ISO 27001:2013 and SSAE18. According to world-class security practices, CapLinked follows server certification ISO 27001:2013 and SSAE18.
- HTTPS connections and encryption. Data proceeds through HTTPS connections and AES 256-bit encryption. Transit endpoints are SSL/TLS-encrypted. Its secure connections do not require software plug-ins or updates.
- Privacy Shield, FISMA, HIPAA, and SOC 2 compliance. CapLinked is certified and complies with EU-US Privacy Shield, FISMA, HIPAA, and SOC 2. CapLinked is a Cloud Security Alliance member.
- Best-in-class security standards. CapLinked uses servers accredited by Payment Card Industry and Data Security Standard.
- Fully adjustable permission settings. Customizable permissions classify users and data and allow gradual permissions for viewing, downloading, and uploading sensitive data.
- Activity log. Activity Tracker monitors all actions and changes to documents and permissions.
- DRM technology. A plugin-free Digital Rights Management technology, including FileProtect system for sensitive files.
- Extra security features. Other security features such as network segmented firewalls, built-in real-time virus scanning engine, and watermarking.
CapLinked VDR benefits
CapLinked virtual data room software provides many benefits making the solution competitive and suitable for nearly any company.
- CapLinked security is subject to numerous certificates and regulations. This data room implements secure connections, anti-virus scanning, customizable permissions, digital rights management, and an activity tracker that makes it one of the most secure software on the market.
- CapLinked offers a user-friendly interface and quick workspace setup. Activity tracker, Q&A tool, collaborative workspace, and intuitive document editing facilitate project management.
- There is a cloud-based integrated solution to exchange confidential documents, share files, and manage documents.
- No plugins or downloads are required to view PDFs, Microsoft Office files, images, or videos.
- CapLinked support team provides a dedicated account representative to train your project team and to consult during closing deals.
- CapLinked offers a perfect value-for-money balance.
A CapLinked virtual data room provides sufficient data storage capabilities and software for many industries worldwide. Australia is one of its consumer markets. A CapLinked data room covers all basic features and services such as Dashboard, Safelink, Version control, Integrated instant messaging, Q&A, FAQ notifications, a comprehensive activity feed, support team, deployment options, and world-class security standards.
CapLinked data room pricing options
Caplinked offers a free 14-day trial for testing its data room which users can upgrade to a paid subscription while saving all content and data room software. Features included in the free trial are unlimited tools, one workspace, 500 MB of storage, a pre-configured virtual data room, two admin accounts, enterprise-grade file encryption, custom dynamic watermarks, FileProtect rights management, and a one-month promo rate.
Two regular pricing plans are available:
- A team plan is a starter virtual data room plan with document sharing and advanced security features. It includes 5 GB of storage, one workspace, no matter how many users are authorized, 10 administrators, management features, customization, and digital rights management.
- The enterprise plan is a fully customized VDR solution for due diligence plus exclusive access to Concierge services. Features included are all from the Team Plan plus extra data protection, API access integration, full-service setup assistance, flexible unlimited storage, and an unlimited number of users.
Caplinked data room pricing packages do not require long-term commitments.
CapLinked deployment and support
CapLinked is a web-based platform providing accessibility from Mac, Windows, and Linux desktops, iPhone, and Android, and Linux mobile devices.
Regarding integrations, CapLinked offers a set of API endpoints to integrate with any application, including apps in Java, Ruby, and C++.
CapLinked offers supported integration with Google Drive, Salesforce, Dropbox Business, Microsoft OneDrive, Box, and Office365.
Customer support starts at setup. You can consult the support team for fitting a workspace, training your team, or asking a question. You can also visit the CapLinked support center for FAQs, tutorials, Q&A, and knowledge base.
CapLinked support is available 24/7/365 by a live-chat rep, phone, or email. A dedicated account representative is always ready to help.
Learn More About
|Distressed Real Estate||yes|
|IPO & Exits||yes|
|M&A Buy Side||no|
|M&A Sell Side||no|
|File Formats Supported:||PDF, MS Office|
|Automatic Numerical Indexing of Files & Folders||yes|
|Drag & Drop Upload of Multiple Files and Folders||yes|
|Archives Upload & Extraction||no|
|Export of Data Room Index to Excel||no|
|Document Version Control||no|
|Multilingual Documents Index||no|
|Granular Document Permissions||yes|
|Prevention of Download, Print and Copy||yes|
|Remote Shredding of Documents||yes|
|Customizable Document Watermarks||yes|
|Secure Fence View||yes|
|Document Access Expiry||yes|
|256-Bit SSL/TLS Encryption||no|
|Data at Rest Encryption||no|
|99.9% Uptime Guarantee||yes|
|ISO 27001 Certified||yes|
|SOC 2 Certified||yes|
|SSAE 16 Certified||yes|
|Mobile Device Management||yes|
|Granular User Permissions||yes|
|Access Limitation by IP Address||no|
|User Interface Languages:||English|
|Scroll-Through Web-Based Document Viewer||yes|
|Web-Based Excel Spreadsheets Viewer||yes|
|Mobile Device Interface||no|
|Search by Name||yes|
|Search by Content (Full Text Search)||yes|
|OCR (Optical Character Recognition)||yes|
|Filtering by Parameters||no|
|Basic Questions & Answers Module||yes|
|Advanced Questions & Answers Module||yes|
|Secure User Messaging||yes|
|New Document Email Notifications||yes|
|Files & Folders Notes||no|
|Tracking of All User Activity||yes|
|Real-Time Audit Trail||yes|
|Exporting Reports to Excel||yes|
|Tracking of Document Viewing Time||yes|
|Scheduled Reports (Sending to Email)||no|
|Branded User Interface||yes|
|Custom Login Page||yes|
|Custom User Invitation Letter||no|
|Custom Agreements for Accessing Data Room||no|
|Active Directory Integration||no|
|Single Sign-On Integration||no|
|Customer-Managed Encryption Keys||no|
|Integrations Through APIs||no|
|Custom Workflows and Features||no|
|Business Hours Support||yes|
|24/7 Email Support||yes|
|24/7 Phone & Email Support||yes|
|Online Help Center||no|
|Dedicated Project Manager||no|
|Data Room Archive on DVD or USB Drive||no|
|Multiple Datacenter Locations||no|
|Locations:||Uniter States, UAE, India, South Africa|
|Clients:||Ingram Micro, Lending Club, Kayne Anderson Capital Advisors, Frontier Airlines, Guardian, Pagemill Partners, Mooreland Partners, Lionfish Advisors, The Mentor Group, Roth Capital Partners, American Capital, The Yucaipa Companies|